Managing our finance the right way is the most crucial thing to do if you really want to maintain a healthy balance in your account. A user who is smarter enough to maintain his balance in a wise manner will definitely rise over another who had got a good balance but is incapable of accessing it wisely. It’s great that you own a credit card, however, at the same time, it is important to make sure that you are using things appropriately without taking it on as a burden over your employment. For busy people, it is indeed a very tough deal to visit the bank on a regular basis, though the issue with your transactions or having to check your balance and making a transfer is not at all a rare case, we often tend to do it. In this regard, won’t it be useful if you can sort all those things out at ease right from the comfort of your home? The online banking policy brings you such an amazing convenience. Being a credit card user, you may have issues with the bank to deal with, however, Citi bank brings you the option of online banking, or commonly termed as internet banking policies.
With online banking, all you need is to secure your login ID and password and you shall be able to deal with your account easily. It is completely safe and the banking sector has been constantly looking for ways to upgrade its system so as to make sure that the customers are safe from the growing cyber crimes.
When you have got a day off from your work, why not go for some source of entertainment or have some fun with your friends and family. All of us need to settle our money issues and bank related jobs, with internet banking, things have become easier as you can operate things right from your place and all that you would just need is a good internet connection.
Online banking gives you a lot of privilege of checking your credit card status as well as tracks the history of your transactions, and what not! All that a bank employee would do, you can perform the whole of it right by yourself without having to seek to anyone.
Though a lot of people seem to fear about getting hold of online banking, the main reason, being the tremendous hike in the cyber crimes. Well, despite all that, the banking sector is constantly taking measures so as to ensure the safety of its customers. Certainly, online banking has got a lot of advantages and thus, proved to be beneficial not just for the consumers but also for the employers as well.
Citibank is basically known as the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup. It was founded back in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, and later it became First National City Bank of New York.
Citibank, with its CEO as Barbara J. Desoer, provides credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, commercial loans, and lines of credit.
Benefits of accessing Citi bank online
· You can pay anyone easily by using Electronic Fund Transfers
· You are able to pay Insurance at ease
· You can pay bills online
· It makes clearing your premiums online
· You can place an order for Demand Drafts online
· You can subscribe to as well as redeem mutual funds online
Citibank Internet Banking
While you are dealing with online banking, it is important that you take care of the following things for your own safety as well as to ensure the security of your account. Here are they:
· You must never disclose your User ID or IPIN (Internet Password) to anyone, not even to your best friend or to your family members.
· You should change your IPIN (Internet Password) periodically. This is advised for the privacy of your account.
· Keep in mind that Citibank will never request for your IPIN, OTP or any personal information via any of their emails or via pop-ups
· You should update your anti-virus software with the latest virus signatures
· Before using any online banking service, it is better to perform a full virus scan. It is mostly advised if you suspect your computer to be affected.
· In case you suspect any kind of fraudulent activity in your account, you must call on the 24×7 available CitiPhone immediately
Citibank credit card sign up
If you are accessing the online banking system for the first time and is solely new to the Citibank credit card online system, you need to sign up for making an online registration at first. Here is what you need to do:
· At first, you need to seek your user ID and pin and for that, get yourself here
· Then you need to select the account type, and there you need to opt for the credit card option.
· After that, you will be asked to provide your 16 digit credit card number. Make sure that you are entering the data correctly.
· Followed by that, you need to provide your 3 digit CVV code. This is a very private information. Make sure that you do not reveal it to anyone.
· Finally, you will be asked to offer your personal information, that is, your birth date along with your birth month and year. This is to verify that it is you!
· You shall see an option therein, where you need to put a tick so as to ensure that you agree with the terms and conditions of the Citibank online account policies.
· An OTP or a One Time Password shall be offered to you on your corresponding mobile number. You shall receive that OTP only on the number that is registered with your bank account. You may then choose to proceed and you shall be redirected accordingly.
Citibank credit card login
If you already own an account, you do not need to sign up any further. In that case, you can completely ignore the steps that I have mentioned in the above paragraph. This is because in such cases, you can login to your account without having to bother about another sort of issues, like creating an account, since you already have one!
Just like in case of any other online account, here, too, the steps for logging in are absolutely easy and simple. You do not require to be a geek to perform the steps rather things are absolutely simple and you can perform it in a very convenient way.
· At first, you need to visit here
· Here, you will be asked to provide your username. Make sure that you enter the correct User ID.
· After that, you can move on to provide your password. You can either choose to provide your IPIN or Internet Password or QPIN or Query Password.
· You may choose to fill up the credentials either by using a standard keyboard or by making use of the virtual keyboard. Either of the options would be available before you on that corresponding web page.
Note: In case you forget your user ID, you can retrieve it at ease by clicking on the ‘forgot username’. Similarly, you can retrieve your password too. So there’s no need to panic at all for online banking has made all things easy for the sake of its customers.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Citibank credit card
· How to add a credit card to my Citi account?
Log in to your main Citi personal account online. Click “Profile & Settings”. Next Click “Link/Unlink a Credit Card” and you are done.
· How can I get a PIN number of my choice for my credit card?
Firstly, you need to Login to your Citibank net banking account. Since you are dealing with your credit card, click on “credit card options”. Next, click on “Change PIN” option. The bank will then immediately send you an OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the screen and click on “continue”. Enter the PIN of your choice. You shall receive a text message notifying that your PIN is regenerated.
· How to increase my credit limit with Citibank?
At first, Log in to your Citibank Online account. Then Click on Services and then to Card Services and select “Temporary Credit Limit Increase” under the credit limit increase tab located over there. You shall be asked to fill in the desired credentials. After filling in your desired credit limit^, effective date, and reason click on the “Next” button and you are set.